I want to try this…soon. That’s why I’m posting the recipe here…so I can find it and make it!
1 1/2 Pounds flank steak
3 Garlic cloves, minced
1/2 Cup carrots, shredded
1/2 Cup soy sauce
1/4 Cup white wine
1/4 Cup cooking sherry
1 Teaspoon sesame oil
1 Teaspoon maple syrup or honey
1 teaspoon dried ginger
1 Teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
1/2 T. peanut butter
3 T. brown sugar
2 cups of frozen chopped broccoli
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Cut flank steak evenly into 5 pieces.
2. Place steak in Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
3. Mix all other ingredients other than the broccoli and pour over steak in Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
4. Cover; cook on Low for 6 hours.
5. The last hour of cooking, stir in chopped broccoli.
6. Sir well to combine the sauce, meat, and broccoli.
7. Cover; cook one hour longer or until broccoli is tender.
8. Slice into bite-sized pieces and serve with white rice.
I also want to paste a comment I saw on the site because I love the idea of making ahead for freezer…
The meat was so tender and the flavor was wonderful! I used frozen broccoli florets and cooked them in the microwave according to package directions, drained the water off and then stirred them into the meat and served immediately. This worked great for the texture of the broccoli, and we didn’t have to wait another hour before we ate the meal. Served with jasmin rice. Will make this again! A time saving tip: make up multiple bags of meat and marinade in a gallon size freezer bag and freeze until ready to prepare. Take one out a couple days in advance to thaw and marinade meat. Makes it super fast to get it in the crock pot in the morning.