- 4 cups chicken broth (I used 4 teaspoons of Chicken Better Than Bouillon + 4 cups of water)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (if you don’t want a little zest to it, leave it out)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 strands of scallions, divided (2 for the soup, 1 for garnish) and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (this really just enhances the color)
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water, mixed together to form a slurry
- 2 large eggs + 2 egg whites, beaten
- Chinese noodles, for topping (optional)
IP Egg Drop Soup
I've made this recipe and it's easy and delicious. It has that rich silky mouth feel and deep flavors. I've added a dash of soy sauce and black pepper in this bowl.
CREDIT: Recipe from pressureluckcooking.com/recipe/instant-pot-egg-drop-soup/
Add the chicken broth, ground ginger, garlic powder, white pepper, seasoned salt and sesame oil to the Instant Pot. Hit Manual or Pressure Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes. Quick release when done.
Hit Keep Warm/Cancel and then Sauté and Adjust so it’s on the More or High setting. Add in the scallions and turmeric. Once the soup begins to bubble, add in the cornstarch slurry and stir for another minute until the soup has slightly thickened.
Then, hit Keep Warm/Cancel again to turn off the heat. Once the bubbles die down, pour in the beaten eggs while gently stirring with a spatula so that egg ribbons form. Do this for about 1 minute until the egg is cooked through.
Ladle into bowls and top with with some additional scallions and Chinese noodles if you desire.